Monday, October 29, 2007

Trick or Treat?

Hi! And welcome to the first post on the CFC Family Life Blog. This is actually a pre-launch, ‘Halloween Week’ edition of the blog because we wanted to serve parents heading into one of the strangest weeks on the calendar. Next week we’ll begin our regular blog line-up, which you can find out all about this Friday. But this week we thought it’d be helpful to give you some things to think about as Halloween night comes and goes.

Now I don’t know about you, but as a Christian parent I’ve never been able to solve the ‘Halloween Night’ dilemma. All my creative leadership seems to dissolve into a mush of indecision when my kids ask me, ‘so are what are we doing for Halloween?’. Maybe its temporary demon possession. Or maybe it’s the disorienting interchanges with neighbors who are ordinarily safe-sounding people:

Neighbor: So what do you think of the decorations? Pretty cool, huh?

Me: The black and orange lights are a nice touch – kind of a Flyers thing

Neighbor: My wife tells me I need more blood on the skeletons. I think that would be tacky. What do you think?

Me: Well….I….So how bout them Flyers?

I can feel the mushy indecision coming on right now. If you’re like me a little focus can help, so that’s what we’re trying to do this week. Tomorrow David Sharp is going to offer some tips on some Halloween alternatives for your family. Marty comes to the rescue for the thoroughly confused on Wednesday with what to do if you haven’t made any plans. Thursday, Brian Vander Weide helps you recover from whatever you did or didn’t do the night before. And Friday we’re looking ahead to Official Launch Monday.

Trick or Treat!

No comments: