Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Busy Testimony

We’ve received a number of responses on how God met folks in our recent Family Life Meeting, ‘Busy?’. The following reflections on the meeting are meaningful because it shows how the Lord can work not only in our individual busy lives but in busy marriages as well.

My husband and I are so thankful for the Godly, gospel centered lives, and teaching of the pastoral team. We attended "Busy?" Thinking we could get a biblical handle on managing our busy lives, what we got instead was vastly different, and much better. I learned that the teaching had very little to do with a schedule, and MUCH to do with my desperate need for the Savior’s Grace. The idea that I could rest in the Lords peace never occurs to me when I am in the midst of a” doing everything myself, bully my way thru the day show.” We could relate very much to the hearts and the humanness of the pastors. My husband and I were taken aback by the things that we never even thought of before. I fail to realize in my everyday life (with 2 small kids, home, husband, part time job, service commitments, health issues) that there will always be chaos and unrest, so I will need to depend on Him for everything.

I have been in a season of angrily waiting for some peace and quiet, and (big surprise) it never comes. How wonderful is God’s grace that he allows me to realize these things. Life circumstances can be very unsettling and disturbing at any given moment, but I learned that I don’t have to be driven by my circumstances.

My husband said he was convicted of many things that were talked about. But instead of my usual skepticism, I gave thanks to the Lord for giving my husband eyes to see, and ears to hear. I’m so thankful for a godly husband and a godly marriage. God’s grace allows me to keep my mouth shut, and let Him work on my husband. Clearly, God can do a better job on my husband than I ever could. Every day I am freshly reminded of and amazed by grace. I don’t know where else we could be as well fed and cared for than at our church, where we always find a way to keep the main thing the main thing, and as a result, a wretched sinner like me is being changed into someone who can glorify God with the way I live, and have the opportunity to let my children see how that looks as well.

No comments: