Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Date Night Idea: Pour Out Your Heart

Ever feel like unique date night ideas are hard to come by? Ever feel like you just do the same thing each time? Well, we think we have our fingers on the pulse of a good idea. It’s sometimes amazing to see how fast good ideas come pouring out once the vein of creativity gets poked and prodded. So, here’s a date night idea where you give more than you receive…take your beloved to a blood drive.

Not a “drive in” or a “drive thru” but a “blood drive.” Just think of the romance…the heart images of Valentine’s Day smack dab in the middle of August. For those of you on a budget, keep in mind that the drinks and desserts are free. There is no admittance fee. And, if you’re really ambitious about donating blood, there may even be dancing. Of course, the room will be taking you for a spin instead of the other way around.

Our very own Stefan Bomberger has some tips for all couples venturing out on this dating expedition.

  • First up, make sure you eat up beforehand. One time I only had a bowl of soup in the morning and it was late afternoon when I gave blood. They still took my blood, but I was sipping OJ for quite a while afterwards before I felt even semi-normal.
  • Don't schedule some inflexible appointment too close afterwards. In college I made this mistake once. The whole process took longer than expected and after I gave blood I had to jump on my bike and book it to my next meeting. Not good.
  • Choose your “waitress” well. Do your best to position yourself nearby the old lady. You know, the one who's obviously been doing this for years and can get the vein without blinking an eye.
  • Once the blood starts flowing, make a race out of it. Try to get positioned next to each other and start around the same time. To speed things up, you might consider squeezing that little toy they give you. I think it might help a bit.

Thanks Stefan, for making this practical.

To find out how to capitalize on this opportunity for romantic memory making, click this link for more info: CFC Blood Drive. Be sure to let us know how it went. Issues such as these are very close to our heart.

No comments: